Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What is My Philosophy As a Criminal Attorney?


I have never been charged with a DUI. I’m lucky, I think. And lately, I’m making much better decisions before drinking and driving. I think that has a lot to do with the fact that I am a DUI attorney and know the consequences of getting charged with DUI, whether they are fair or not. But others I know haven’t been so lucky. I have brothers that have DUI convictions. My dad has received a DUI. And I have some friends that have been busted for DUI. Just like everyone does probably.

And that is part of the reason I became a DUI attorney and criminal defense lawyer. Because every day normal people are out there facing criminal charges for making one bad decision. It is highly likely that for the entirety of their lives before that night they were upstanding citizens, following the law and going about their normal lives. And now everything is in upheaval and the scary thing is that a conviction may follow you around forever.

So you come to me, and I work for you to give you a second chance, to keep your record clean, to move past that one bad decision and continue on with your life with only a lesson learned in tow.

Now, second chances mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. And what I do as a criminal defense attorney is not just make a couple of phone calls and take the first deal that is offered. No, I do much more than that. My goal is always, for every single client I have, dismissal. Charges dropped. End of case, move on as if nothing happens. And I get that result from time to time.

Second chances, though, for the most part, mean a dismissal after time, or a reduction in charges to a minimal crime, or no jail time and a light fine. For most cases, it really depends on what the facts are. The more leverage I have, the better your case turns out to be. The less leverage I have, the worse your case turns out to be. And contrary to popular belief, we are not miracle workers. We cannot pull a rabbit out of a hat. So sometimes we are limited in what we can do.

In the end, if you make a bad decision and end up facing criminal charges of any kind, you deserve someone like me helping you. We know the odds you’re facing, we know the feelings you are having, and we are here to protect you from a worst case scenario happening. So, the next time you make a bad decision, don’t make it worse by talking to the cops. Be quiet and call a criminal defense attorney to help you out. Second chances are out there, you just have to grab them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top News

 
Floyd and Bennett - Pinky and The Brain creditosbtemplates creditos Templates by lecca 2008 .....Top